Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Missing Your Grace

If someone told me a year ago that I'd be missing four horses terribly right now, I wouldn't have believed them. If someone told me that in February, I would have assumed a whole different scenario entirely, if I believed it.

Funny how things can change so much in just a year. In just half a year. Makes me wonder what I'll be feeling a year, even a half a year from now. Who will I be missing then? Will I still miss Summer, Montana, Whistler and Dakota? Or will something have happened to change that woeful feeling? Will I have free reign (lol, pun, that made me smile even in my depressed state) to see them? Or will something else take their place? Or will they simply fade from memory?

Option A is my favorite, right now. I think it will always be...

A lovely horse is always an experience.... It is an emotional experience of the kind that is spoiled by words. ~Beryl Markham

A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence. ~Pam Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment