Sunday, November 29, 2009

Luncheon

Dear M,

No, I will not join you for lunch tomorrow. I do not wish to feel as out of place as you tend to make me feel nowadays. I do not wish to tempt fate and have you not show up, despite your invitation. I do not wish to be alone in a group of people I hardly recognize, the least of all being you.

Instead, I will stay here on my one morning free from you, free from everyone, and mingle with my peculiar and not so fleshed friends who you never cared to see. I'll write my heart out in words you never understood. I'll belong, which is more than you've let me be in these many months.

So, no. I will have to formally decline your invitation to lunch with you, and I'll be much better for it.

Yours Truly,
The one you keep forgetting to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment